Monday, March 21, 2011

Quality tea, quality life!

Of course we always dress for tea!
"...I have never tasted tea like this. It is smooth, pungent, and instantly addicting...This is from Grand Auntie, my mother explains... she told me if I buy the cheap tea, then I am saying that my whole life has not been worth something better...If I buy just a little, then I am saying that my lifetime is almost over, so she bought enough tea for another lifetime."
The Kitchen God’s Wife
Amy Tan


When you purchase tea, do you buy, 'the good stuff' or whatever is on sale? Sales are a good thing, don't get me wrong, but a quality tea lasts longer and of course tastes better than a $3.00 box of tea bags you get at the grocery store. Loose leaf, with its larger, rolled leaves is not an extravagance, but a necessity for any tea drinker if you want to get the best tea experience possible from each cup. Whole leaf tea as less surface space from which the essential oils in the leaf may evaporate while the leaves in bags are cuttings and dust which can dry out faster than whole leaf tea creating a stale and tasteless tea. Stale tea is especially problematic if you are buying tea bags in boxes that do not seal properly. Exposure to air destroys the quality of tea because it dries out the leaf. Those essential oils in tea are so very important to a good, quality tea experience. Save the sales and coupons for your soap and non-perishables and use the money you save to purchase quality teas such as those sold buy MJB Teas. Your tea arrives sealed in a tin to keep out moisture, light and air. The three enemies of tea. Go ahead, buy enough MJB Teas for another life time. Show yourself you deserve a long life filled with quality.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I was so sad because I was not able to meet you at tea house in Colorado springs last year. :( But I am glad I found you again at Beverlys. I will stop by more often. Anne

    ReplyDelete